Friday, November 03, 2006

Day 2



Argh.

Now I know what writer's block is.

It's really hard to find inspiration when you're looking for it.

I could write about my students (who are CRAZY right now, by the way. Fridays should definitely be banned from all school weeks!), but unless you teach or have a teenager, that probably wouldn't be funny.

I could write about my kids, but I don't want to give y'all the impression that we are just too cute for ourselves... although, you know I think my kids are pretty hilarious. Ethan is just full of himself, and Laney, with her big ol' toothless grin, just cracks herself up... which cracks all of us up.

Keith doesn't even read the blog, I'm pretty sure, so I could write about him, but he gets embarrassed when I talk about how hot he is in public. I'm sure the internet wouldn't be any different...

I wonder if my friends and family live in fear of being in THE BLOG?

Anyway, I do have a question. Does anyone else's kids watch Boobahs? I don't know how to format the picture here, so it's randomly attached to the top of this post. (Photo from: http://pbskids.org/boohbah/parentsteachers/parents.html) Laney is obsessed.

Now, how can a 5 month old be obsessed?

I thought the same thing when a friend of mine mentioned her wee one just LOVES Bear in the Big Blue House. Whatever. They drool and poop and eat and sleep. How can they "love" a tv show?!?!

Now I know it is possible. She wakes up at odd hours of the night -- but strangely, Boobahs is always on. All I have to do is put her in her swing, turn on Boobahs, and she's good. For hours. Until Boobahs goes off. At which point, she goes back to sleep.

I've tried to watch them, to share her passion, but they're weird. I imagine that if you were to take illegal hallucinogens, you'd see Boobahs. (Not that I ever have -- the Boobahs are enough to discourage that...) I go to sleep after watching them, and I have weird dreams about little brightly colored blobs running around speaking their own language.

They're suspiciously like the Teletubbies, which also freak me out. (Image from http://www.curvecomm.com/teletubbies/po.gif) Has anyone else noticed this?

No comments: