Saturday, July 21, 2007

Never Fear....

I am not dead. I will finish the trip blog.

But not tonight. I am nursing a terrible blister. I got it from pulling weeds from the striped grass this morning... almost lost a finger to a black widow spider... but that's a whole different story.

Anyway. I have this blister and decided to sterilize it this evening about 7:30 PM. Clipped the skin off to fully open the wound. Poured hydrogen peroxide over finger.

I won't repeat what I said when the burn set in, but let me just put it to you this way: childbirth had NOTHING on the pain in my finger.

I didn't think peroxide was supposed to burn... just bubble and clean all the yuckiness out. I've been putting peroxide on wounds for years. No burning.

Turns out, peroxide burns the &#$@*(#*@ and then some when you pour it on blisters. My finger is still throbbing, and Keith is still cackling to himself every few minutes, as he says that witnessing the moments after the pouring is by far the funniest thing that he has ever laid eyes on.

This is a public service announcement.

No comments: