Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I Can Almost Smell Freedom...

Well... it's that or the Michelin plant near by. Kinda smells like pork rinds in the air (which makes me want to vomit) when things are chugging along over there.

Anyway, school is officially out, but I am taking a 2-day class -- which, by the way, I am hoping counts towards my recertification since I unearthed my teaching certificate while packing away my school things, only to discover that it expires next year -- which is over tomorrow.

Then -- then I will be able to sleep a little later, stay up later, and lounge around in the sun all day.

Yeah. Whatever.



Day 91:
1. My refrigerator doors. Packed with pictures and drawings and such. Makes my heart happy.
2. Yellow and green together. Used to hate those colors together as a kid. Use them in my kitchen now. Makes me think of summer all year round.
3. That Ethan still thinks having $3 is the equivalent of being pretty dang rich.
4. Rocking chairs on the back porch.
5. Not caring that I am going to be the same shade of translucent in August that I am in May because I just don't tan...

Day 92:
1. Anticipating the Girls' Trip.
2. A low-key night out after a long day.
3. My students rockin' their EOC tests! So proud of them!
4. Laney & Ethan's obsessions with wearing my tshirts.
5. This crazy head-shake stage Sam is going through. He gets tickled, and starts shaking his head back and forth and laughing. I don't get it, but it makes me laugh, too.

No comments: