Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11



1. "I Will Survive," "Grease Medley," and other songs that immediately make my college girlfriends and I break out into our nicely choreographed dances (hey -- don't laugh! We cleared many a dance floor with our impressive moves) while simultaneously making all of our husbands break for the door. I'm still not sure why it embarrasses them so to be married to such masterful dancers...
2. monograms. On anything.
3. Wonder Woman.
4. cow field campouts with my Ville friends in the old days. There's nothing like a bonfire and sleeping bags to draw a bovine crowd. I'm still not sure why any of our parents let us have co-ed slumber parties in the middle of a cow field -- or even in their houses -- but holy cow! (no pun intended) -- what incredible memories we made! The houses we rolled... the neighbors we annoyed... the things we did that weren't bad but that I won't mention because my parents still might ground me for them...
5. the awesome feeling of slight rebelliousness I felt after getting tattoos/my belly button pierced/cartilage piercings... which is addictive for someone who was always a very good girl... HOWEVER (as a disclaimer), it too quickly dissolved into a feeling of "I am so going to get ripped apart when my parents figure out what I've done." That feeling lasted much longer... :-)

No comments: