Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2...



1. 30 years with my granddad. I miss him so much, but I am so thankful that I had him for so long... that he was able to marry us (sort of -- that's another hilarious story in itself)... see two of my children born... let me tell him every chance I got that I loved him... and always said it back... you know... that kind of stuff.

2. My grandma Pearle's sassiness which I inherited and sometimes gets me in trouble... her zest for life that spills over into everything she does and lights up our family... her generous spirit that always let me have the last choc-o-gel (or 6, if I wanted) and taught me so much a giving with a cheerful heart.

3. My grandma Hazel's willingness to spend hours in the kitchen, teaching me to cook even though I made huge messes... her fostering of my love to read with trips to the bookmobile and lazy afternoons reading... her love of gardening that caused me much misery as a child (I hated watering those dang plants!) but now I wish I had inherited her green thumb (and patience).

4. Afternoon naps with the windows open in the spring.

5. The funny little bodies that kids have. I love Laney's round tummy and Ethan's long giraffe legs and Sam's little round bean head. *Sigh*

No comments: