Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 29 & 30





Day 29

1. lipgloss. Really, I like just about any type of lipgloss, but I am particularly partial to the kind with the little wand with the spongy end. I'm not really sure why.

2. the skinny markers from Crayola.

3. decorating my classroom.

4. seeing the American flag blowing in the breeze. As a child, I was really partial to the one above the local Hardee's that was almost bigger than the restaurant, but I've come to respect the quiet dignity of the smaller flag as well.

5. hugging Toad. My head fits right in beneath his chins and his shoulder, and he always smells good and clean. Many a problem in my life have been solved with a hug from that man.





Day 30

1. monkeys. So cute. Always wanted one but my mom always said they were nasty and carried diseases. So do a lot of people I come in contact with on a daily basis, but we don't put them in cages... well, at least, not all of them.

2. Fridays at 3:41. It's such a rush to know the full weekend lies ahead. You'd think it'd get old, but it doesn't... not so much.

3. Any kind of covered dish dinner. At church...at school...doesn't matter. I'm all about a good grub.

4. riding 4-wheelers. We don't have one for big people (both of the kids have youth-sized ones), so I don't get to ride that often... but I do love to tear off across a field at full speed. Brings out the country/'neck girl in me.

5. finding out the story. I like for things to have meaning -- objects, names, events, whatever -- as often as possible. And I like to know what those things mean. Laney, for example, was named after my dad, whose middle name is Lane. People always ask where her name came from or if she was named after the Hawaiian name, and I always have a story to tell.

No comments: